You may have noticed that tap water tastes different depending on where you are? Perhaps you have seen a white coating inside your kettle or shower head? You might also have noticed that shampoo sometimes does not lather up? Clothes may look dingy and feel harsh and scratchy. Dishes and glasses may be spotted when dry. A film may form on glass shower doors, shower walls, bathtubs, sinks, taps, etc. All these effects are caused by differences in the ‘hardness’ of the water.
While dealing with hard water problems in your home or business can be a nuisance, the true cost of hard water can be significant.
Hard Water → Limescale → Reduced Efficiency → Higher Costs!
- According to the Carbon Trust, just a 1mm layer of limescale on the heating element causes a 7% increase in energy used by your boiler.
- British Water estimate that for every 1.6mm of scale built up in your heating system, there is a 12% loss in heating efficiency.
- 6mm of limescale throughout your pipework and heating system can lead to a staggering 40% increase in energy bills.
- Limescale provides a breeding ground for various types of bacteria, including Legionella, within a heating and water system. Removing the limescale significantly reduces bacteria.
- Scale in shower heads can cause a massive 75% reduction in flow rate.
- On average it takes 90 minutes to heat a domestic water tank. With 5mm of scale, this increases to 4 hours, with 10mm it takes as long as 6 hours!
The Solution? The IntegroTM technology removes any existing scale build-up and prevents all future formation, irrespective of water hardness. Chemical and maintenance free, it will improve the operational efficiency of your water systems and decrease your energy consumption. Guaranteed.